Sin City First Order Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FORUMS

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Society Early Stages

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mandalore Pulse
Admin
Mandalore Pulse

Society Early Stages Empty
PostSubject: Society Early Stages   Society Early Stages EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 11:04 pm

Since our launch of the Sin City First Order on January 1st, 2016 we have accomplished quite a bit. The idea came from Rich and I searching for local Star Wars societies here in Las Vegas, but could not find any. Sure, there are probably small groups out there, but we envisioned a mass community for Star Wars fans of all ages to come together. The launch of our website was only the beginning. We followed up with the launch of our Facebook Page as well to pull in the fans. The page took off rather quickly and within 10 days we had over 100 followers. Everyday we are trying to improve the website to make things as easy and fun as possible.

Where we are currently going...

At the moment we are still brainstorming ideas. We eventually would like to get gatherings going with small events such as; book/comic club, collectors guild, LEGO building, model building, art, lightsaber training and even diorama custom builds. As far as society ranks go within each Division, we would like to reward our members with possibly a patch or coin of some sort. Members may also gain similar awards by attending events. The goal is to get people involved to have the best Star Wars experience as possible.

Development of the society will be changing often and we are always open to new ideas from anyone. Please don't hesitate to present your thoughts.

For now, join us and making our society better.

Thank you on behalf of the Head of Society!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sincityfirstorder.com
Mandalore Pulse
Admin
Mandalore Pulse

PostSubject: Re: Society Early Stages   Society Early Stages EmptyMon Jan 25, 2016 9:04 am

Yesterday, the Division leaders held a meeting to toss around ideas. The discussion included the book/comic club, advertising for our site, Star Wars Merch and other possible events or gatherings.

Here are some of the details, but some things may change;

Book/Comic Club
- Meet once a month and will follow new canon timeline.
- Awards will be given for attendance to club gathering. (Not consecutive)
10 Events Attended = A Society Book/Comic Club Patch
25 Events Attebded = A Society Book/Comic Club Coin
- Material will be available through digital, paper copies or self purchase.
- No kids (15 or older allowed)
- Possibility of society loot crates to members with 2 yrs with club.

Star Wars Merch
- Society design and logo will be made available for SW Merch.
- Money from items sold will go back into the society.
- Metch includes; clothing, pins/buttons, pens, coffee mugs, cups, stickers, and other items.

Advertising
- Society car window stickers
- Business cards
- Society polo shirt with logo for events
- Lanyards
- Social media

Other Events/Clubs
- Attending public events as media or setting up a booth.
- Lightsaber training group.
- LEGO building with parent/child or individual.
- Art night.
- Diaroma building.

Everything is coming along nicely. We want suggestions from our members as well. Please share your thoughts. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Mandalore Pulse
Admin
Mandalore Pulse

PostSubject: Re: Society Early Stages   Society Early Stages EmptyMon Feb 15, 2016 3:27 pm

I'm still here guys, I've been a bit busy of late and I got carried away on making my Mando helmet during my free time. Jason, thanks for updating the latest news on the site.

In other news, the Lightsaber Society of UNLV contacted me and wants to arrange a meeting to setup things we us possibly. I'll keep you all updated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Society Early Stages   Society Early Stages Empty

Back to top Go down

Society Early Stages
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sin City First Order Forums :: Communications :: Society News-
Jump to: